Polywrap is a developer tool that enables easy integration of Web3 protocols into any application. It makes it possible for applications on any platform, written in any language, to read and write data to Web3 protocols.
Polywrap is in pre-alpha, meaning our code and documentation are rapidly changing.
Polywrap is a recent rebrand of Web3API. While using the toolchain, you'll notice that
w3 is still used - we will be updating these soon!
A Polywrap "wrapper" consists of the following files:
- Query and mutation wasm modules containing the protocol's business logic functions (e.g. Uniswap's swap functions)
- GraphQL schema to provide types and parameters for the query and mutation functions
- Manifest files that orchestrate the wrapper
We currently support deploying wrappers to decentralized endpoints, Ethereum Name Service (ENS), a decentralized Ethereum-based naming system and InterPlanetary File System (IPFS), a distributed P2P file system. For an example of a deployed wrapper, take a look at the ENS domain below:
The ENS domain above resolves to the IPFS content holding our Polywrap wrapper! Below is a link to the IPFS storage:
- The URI specifying the ENS or IPFS resolving to content containing the wrapper
- Specifying the function and arguments provided by that wrapper
For detailed information on how to integrate in dapps, take a look at our Create a JS Dapp guide.
For a guide on how to build your own Polywrap and deploy it for other developers to integrate into their own dapp, see our Creating a wrapper guide.